× Members

DLA Change of circumstances

More
7 years 11 months ago #158738 by jasonh
DLA Change of circumstances was created by jasonh
Hi All, I have a client who is currently in receipt of lower mobility and medium care DLA. She is considering change of circumstances. She now meets higher PIP living component as meets night care criteria and possibly meet higher mobility. My concern is if unsuccessful and reconsideration or appeal necessary, will she be continued to be paid her DLA until these are held or does she risk going without payment? If she waited until DLA transferred to PIP by DWP does this change the answer?.. Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158747 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA Change of circumstances
Hi Jason,

DLA will continue to be paid until 1 month after the PIP decision is made. This will apply however the PIP claim is initiated and whatever the PIP decision. If the PIP claim is turned down there would be no payments made during the MR and appeal process.

I'm a little confused by your mention of the PIP 'night care criteria' as there is nothing that scores PIP points specifically relating to night care needs :blink:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jasonh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.