× Members

PIP Result query?

More
7 years 11 months ago #158744 by RedDog
PIP Result query? was created by RedDog
I received my PIP assessment result a couple of days ago. I've been awarded Mobility component for" an ongoing period"
Later on it says that they will contact me after April 2026 to make sure I'm receiving the right benefit.
In April 2026 I will be 70 years old (If I'm still alive)! I was under the impression that people were not reassessed after the age of 65.
Has that all been changed now or wasn't my impression right in the first place?
Previously I did have an indefinite award of mobility allowance from around 1990 I think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158751 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Result query?
Hi RedDog,

Congratulations on your 'ongoing' PIP award!

I think you have misunderstood the situation regarding older claimants . People already on PIP when they reach State Pension Age will continue to receive it for as long as they meet the criteria. This is the same as it was for DLA.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158781 by RedDog
Replied by RedDog on topic PIP Result query?
Thanks for that. So do people get reassessed at 70 years old? ....and even older?

More
7 years 11 months ago #158813 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Result query?

RedDog wrote: Thanks for that. So do people get reassessed at 70 years old? ....and even older?

The oldest PIP claimants will be 68 at the moment but anybody claiming PIP who has a fixed term award will have to be reassessed if there award is to be extended.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #158840 by RedDog
Replied by RedDog on topic PIP Result query?
Thank you!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.