× Members

Am worried sick!

More
7 years 11 months ago #158786 by Moonshine
Am worried sick! was created by Moonshine
Hi there, I have started a new topic because I wasn't sure if it should go with my other posts. I sent my ESA50 back and it was signed for on the 4th of April. Since then I've been glued to my phone and checking the post several times a day. My question is that I received a 'P60U' form- it says Certificate of Pay and Taxable Benefit and tax Deducted/Refunded. It goes on to list my income for the year up to April 5th 2016. I can't recall getting one of these before and I'm scared to death of what it might mean. I'm too scared to call the DWP and try as I might I cannot find out why these forms are sent. I have looked on Gov.UK and there is a reference but it doesn't explain. I don't know if this is a decision - it says if I don't agree with the amount that I have 60 days to make an objection in writing. I am so worried about this, I cannot eat or sleep and my heart seems to stop every time the phone rings. I would be most grateful for any advice as to what this is. Many thanks :( P.S. I am in the support group and they did not include HB. Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158799 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Am worried sick!
Hello Moonshine

As far as I am aware, the P60u is issued because although ESA isn't taxed, it is counted as a taxable benefit for calculations of personal allowances.

If you've had any earnings during the tax year, they would be taken into account along with ESA to see whether you have paid enough or too much tax in the year, and whether a refund or a bill will be issued.

You're obviously very worried, so I would suggest you phone the DWP and ask them to explain to you where they gathered the figures for your total income from and see whether you agree with the amount they come up with. If not then you will have to ask for further help to calculate the total amount you have received during the year.

You have 60 days to register with the DWP if you don't agree with the figures. Perhaps your local CAB can help, or other members of the forum who have perhaps had dealings with this particular form before?

More
7 years 11 months ago #158835 by Moonshine
Replied by Moonshine on topic Am worried sick!
Thank you very much Shelam. I'll keep you updated, :)

More
7 years 11 months ago #158845 by Mabel2015
Replied by Mabel2015 on topic Am worried sick!
Hi. Please don't worry. I've had one too. As Shelam says, it's for tax purposes. Nothing to do with a decision.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moonshine

More
7 years 11 months ago #158867 by alzon
Replied by alzon on topic Am worried sick!
yes its fine, nothing to worry about. as said, its just for tax purposes if you fill out a self assessment form for any reason. no need to worry about it otherwise :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moonshine

More
7 years 10 months ago #161184 by Moonshine
Replied by Moonshine on topic Am worried sick!
So grateful to all of you who answered. I just want to update you all. I've been placed in the support group after a harrowing ftf which I thought I would surely have to appeal. Thanks to all the moderators on this site and the guides which I couldn't have done without!! You are all my heroes! :) :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.