× Members

Am worried sick!

More
7 years 9 months ago #163981 by Moonshine
Replied by Moonshine on topic Am worried sick!
Hi again. I;m sorry for posting on this topic but I couldn't find anything similar. I received a letter from the dwp asking me to open a bank account or provide details of an existing bank account to pay my benefits into instead of the Post Office. Is this normal? Many thanks :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163982 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Am worried sick!

moonshine wrote: Hi again. I;m sorry for posting on this topic but I couldn't find anything similar. I received a letter from the dwp asking me to open a bank account or provide details of an existing bank account to pay my benefits into instead of the Post Office. Is this normal? Many thanks :(

You've received the letter because your benefits are currently paid in to a Post Office account, at the moment there is no problem with this being done, but under Universal Credit there is no facility for this to be done.

So there is no hurry for you to do anything but if and when your benefits come under UC you will need to have a bank account or equivalent.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moonshine

More
7 years 9 months ago #163985 by Moonshine
Replied by Moonshine on topic Am worried sick!
Thank you for your reply Gordon. It has set my mind at rest

More
7 years 9 months ago #164000 by Sue C
Replied by Sue C on topic Am worried sick!
ESA is a taxable benefit so you will get a P60. My husband gets ESA and a work pension so his ESA is taxed via his pension.
Also he did his form in April and only just had his assessment today. We had thought or rather hoped they'd decided not to do one.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164011 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Am worried sick!

Sue C wrote: ESA is a taxable benefit so you will get a P60. My husband gets ESA and a work pension so his ESA is taxed via his pension.
Also he did his form in April and only just had his assessment today. We had thought or rather hoped they'd decided not to do one.

The letter has nothing to do with that and to be correct, it is ESA(CB) that is liable to tax, ESA(IR) is not. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.