× Members

10 metre rule for PIP

More
7 years 11 months ago #158878 by babs short
10 metre rule for PIP was created by babs short
Hello
Despite evidence from two physios that I cannot walk further than 10m which I submitted when I requested a reconsideration of the decision to award me nil points for mobility component of PIP, I received letter today to say the DWP stand by their decision. I followed all this site's advice with my initial application (I am transferring from DLA to PIP) and the CAB completed the form with me as I cannot write due to dexterity issues as a result of having Primary Progressive MS - yet still I was turned down (I had the higher award on DLA). Has this happened to anyone else ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158886 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic 10 metre rule for PIP
Hi Babs and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I am sorry that you are going through this :(

I guess the big question is 'what do you want to do now?' We can help you understand the options but no-one but you can make the decision.

Now that you have the MR decision you can go on to submit a formal appeal.

You can start a new PIP claim as soon as you like.

You can make a new claim whilst also pursuing an appeal. The problem with this is that the new decision would supercede the appeal decision.

You can decide that it is all too much to deal with just now

You will get information on these courses of action from our PIP guide

PIP help for claimants

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you find it useful too

Sorry - my comp crashed partway through this so I had to start again!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.