× Members

Endowment Policy Payout

More
7 years 11 months ago #159079 by freefee
Endowment Policy Payout was created by freefee
hi. I have an endowment policy that is paying out at the end of june this year, my benefits are not related to how much money I have in the bank and seemed disinterested when I informed them that I was to start receiving a pension in 2014, even telling me not to bother informing them, but I insisted for the sake of full disclosure, the policy is not needed to pay off a mortgage as that is now paid, so what I would like to know is if I have to inform anyone and if I do who are they, I am currently in the ESA support group and receive DLA, thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159095 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Endowment Policy Payout

freefee wrote: hi. I have an endowment policy that is paying out at the end of june this year, my benefits are not related to how much money I have in the bank and seemed disinterested when I informed them that I was to start receiving a pension in 2014, even telling me not to bother informing them, but I insisted for the sake of full disclosure, the policy is not needed to pay off a mortgage as that is now paid, so what I would like to know is if I have to inform anyone and if I do who are they, I am currently in the ESA support group and receive DLA, thanks in advance

If all of the benefits your are receiving are not means tested then there should be no problem with you receiving the pay out, which I assume will be a one off payment as it will be treated as capital.

I am concerned that the DWP were disinterested in your pension payments, so you did the right thing by informing them, it may be that they have no impact on your payments, there is an £85 per week disregard, but they definitely needed to know about the payments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159102 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic Endowment Policy Payout
yes it is a one off payment, so what would you advise, should I contact them or am I not obliged to? do not like contacting them at the best of times, don't know why, just think if I inform them they will maybe reassess me, sounds paranoid I know, but just because your paranoid it doesn't mean they are not out to get you

More
7 years 11 months ago #159105 by freefee
p.s I think they were not interested in my pension because it was a fairly small pension, and didn't come close to affecting my benefits

More
7 years 11 months ago #159137 by freefee
apologies or bumping this up, but do you know if I am obliged to inform the DWP when the policy pays out, thanks in adance

More
7 years 11 months ago #159139 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Endowment Policy Payout

freefee wrote: apologies or bumping this up, but do you know if I am obliged to inform the DWP when the policy pays out, thanks in adance

Emphasising that this is not legal advice, there should be no need for you to contact the DWP about the payment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.