× Members

PIP form took over a week to arrive!

More
7 years 11 months ago #159157 by ChemPixie
PIP form took over a week to arrive! was created by ChemPixie
Hello,

Really stressed this morning...
I received my "how your disability affects you" form only to find I have 3weeks to complete it!
I was dreading it anyway as I struggle to fill it out due to pain & fatigue, but their slow processing has taken a week away from me. The letter was dated the 13th and today is the 21st.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Do they give extensions because of their slow processing? I suffer with anxiety anyway & this has sent me in a spin...how do the DWP find a multitude of ways to cause suffering?!

Thanks in advance for any advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159158 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP form took over a week to arrive!
Hello ChemPixie

Sorry you're feeling so stressed. It does seem that 'they' cause as much hardship as they can; but what you can do perhaps is to phone the DWP, explain that the post was delayed(!!) and that you've only just received the form and you will have difficulty getting the form filled in on time. Ask if you can please have an extension. Several members have said they have managed this without much difficulty - so give it a try and see what happens.

Good luck; if we can be of any help let us know. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChemPixie

More
7 years 11 months ago #159163 by johnbestmate
Replied by johnbestmate on topic PIP form took over a week to arrive!
Hi

Mine was the same it arrived yesterday. i phoned on the 12th May so have until the 12th June !!

They like to make it difficult

John

More
7 years 11 months ago #159180 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP form took over a week to arrive!
You need to phone the assessment provider (ATOS or Capita, depending on your postcode) and ask for an extension. 2 extra weeks are usually granted without a problem.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159215 by ChemPixie
Replied by ChemPixie on topic PIP form took over a week to arrive!
Thank you all for for replies.

Just to give an update...

Called DWP this morning and was given a 2 week extension without any questions or hassle :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.