× Members

REG 35

More
7 years 11 months ago #159702 by Christine
REG 35 was created by Christine
Hi everyone, I was a member of this wonderful site back in 2010-11 when I first went off sick from work, I am now medically retired.
After going to Tribunal the first claim I was put into the support group for s minimum of 2 years.
Anyway my reassessment was due Xmas 2014 but because of the back log rec'd the ESA50 in April.

This has now been sent back by 26th May so now it's just a waiting game.

I rejoined this site to help me complete the ESA50 and think it gives so much information it took a week to complete the form, my husband writing for me whilst I dictated lol.

Anyhow I've been browsing tonight and have a feeling I may qualify for the support group again under REG 35, I should qualify under 2 or 3 descriptors but we know wot Maximus are like.
I take morphine in tablet & liquid form for constant chronic pain for severe osteoarthritis in both knees, my neck & spine.
This medication causes me to be drowsy and when I take the liquid version to top up the tablet 4 times a day I fall asleep everytime.
Surely this is both dangerous to myself and anyone I may work with in a working environment.

When does anyone suggest I send in the REG 35 letter, my husband wants to wait until we get the first decision.

Thanks Christine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159716 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic REG 35
Hi Christine and welcome back to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is (although I don't think anything has moved recently)

Welcome to Benefits and Work

The first thing I would say is that the 'Reg 35 letter' should be part of the ESA50, not something separate.

Your aim is to get put back into the Support Group with the minimum stress. I don't see any benefit to withholding anything that might help achieve this aim. After all, no-one goes to an appeal for fun!

The ESA guides explain qualifying under the exceptional circumstances criteria.

ESA claims and appeals

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #159798 by Christine
Replied by Christine on topic REG 35
Thanks Mrs Hurtyback, will get onto that now Bank Holiday is over

Christine
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.