× Members

Help with pip tribunal

More
7 years 11 months ago #159800 by Ellen Coombes
Help with pip tribunal was created by Ellen Coombes
Hi

On my switch from dla to pip on dla I got high rate care and low rate mobility
I suffer from anxiety depression and ocd with self harm and suicidal tendencies I have had my pup assessment which I got awarded nothing When I had a copy of my report it didn't state anything discussed in assessment but also said I was alone when my boyfriend was with me.... It went on to comment that even though I bath up to 10 times a day that I am aware I do it and should stop myself also said that I obviously don't need support as I am aware of my conditions and medication that I take and why even though I am on 2 days worth of meds at a time

I did the mandatory reconsideration and again it came back as the same. I have sent my paper work off for the tribunal but a couple of questions

How long should I be looking at waiting for the tribunal

Someone told me I should still receive some
Payment even the lower rate whilst waiting is this true I find it hard to believe as can't find any info on the Internet

Any help and advice also would be gratefully received

This is making me so sick and anxious and worrying about how I am going to cope

Thanks

Ellen

X

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159826 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Help with pip tribunal
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I'm sorry that you are going through this :(

Mandatory Reconsiderations seldom do anything other than 'rubber stamp' the original decision, so try not to be too disheartened.

If you are going to be at the tribunal hearing, it will probably take several months until this happens. If you opt for a 'paper' hearing, this would be fitted in between other cases and would be done sooner. However, there is a much better chance of the decision going in your favour if you attend yourself, so we don't recommend a paper hearing unless you really could not face appearing in person.

The DWP will be given a chance to comment on your submission, then everything will be sent back to you to make further comments. Once your appeal has been accepted by the Tribunal Service you should only communicate via them, not directly to DWP.

We have a lot of resources that will help you with this, including our PIP guide and ESA appeal FAQs

PIP help for claimants

ESA mandatory reconsiderations and appeals

Appearing before tribunals

This youtube video talks about ESA tribunals but the system is very much the same - except that there will be a 3rd 'disability member' at the PIP hearing.

The decision will stand until/unless it is overturned at appeal. I'm afraid that, as you were not awarded any rate of PIP, you will not be paid until/unless this happens. You can, if you wish, make a new claim immediately. However, you must be aware that the new decision would supersede the tribunal decision (although this too would be appealable).

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find them easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.