× Members

PIP and Altziemers

More
7 years 11 months ago #160042 by JLP
PIP and Altziemers was created by JLP
Hi,

My husband is 67 and has been on DLA for over 20 years, due to back problems. We have just got the dreaded conversion to PIP forms. In his first claim he only had back problems. Now he has heart problems and altziemers. As this is a new claim I assume we can include these new conditions? As well as the original back problems, which have got much more serious.

I was also wondering what the success of claiming PIP for Altziemers is? As I suppose this may not be that common in the normal claimants, ie being under 65 to claim PIP.

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #160047 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP and Altziemers
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Yes, you should include everything that has been present already for 3 months and expected to last for a further 9 months.

Don't forget to make full use of our PIP guide when completing the form

PIP help for claimants

I don't know of the success rate for claims because of Alzheimer's - don't forget that it is the difficulties caused by the condition that will score points, rather than the actual diagnosis. Remember also that the qualifying criteria for PIP are very different from those for DLA.

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JLP

More
7 years 11 months ago #160051 by JLP
Replied by JLP on topic PIP and Altziemers
Thanks for the quick reply! Have you any forum links for questions about people applying for PIP with Altziemers?

More
7 years 11 months ago #160055 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP and Altziemers

JLP wrote: Thanks for the quick reply! Have you any forum links for questions about people applying for PIP with Altziemers?

We don't have anything specific although you can try a forum search.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JLP

More
7 years 11 months ago #160056 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP and Altziemers

JLP wrote: Thanks for the quick reply! Have you any forum links for questions about people applying for PIP with Altziemers?

I've done a quick search of B&W and nothing is showing I've also done an internet search and not come up with anything that is likely to be of help, even the Altziemers charities don't seem to have anything.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, JLP

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.