× Members

ESA 85 from first assessment?

More
7 years 10 months ago #160196 by Alan C
ESA 85 from first assessment? was created by Alan C
Hi,

I was recently re-assessed by Maximus and have received the dreaded phone call to say I have gone from ESA Support group to JSA through receiving 0 points.

I intend to ask for a reconsideration.

I asked the decision maker during his phone call for the Assessors report (ESA85) and he said he would send an abridged version out, but I requested the full report and he agreed to send it.

Whilst I was on the phone I asked also for the original (ESA85) that they used to put me on the Support Group. He said it was unlikely that I would be able to get it due to ATOS no longer being around and not all Assessors reports are sent to the DWP.

I was hoping to use the original Assessors report in comparison to the re-assessment report, due to the fact that my medical condition is no different from my first assessment.

If it is not sent to me, is there any direction that I could take to try and track it down?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #160205 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA 85 from first assessment?
Hi Alan,

I'm sorry you are going through this :(

Our ESA guide should help you through the MR process along with the MR FAQS

ESA claims and appeals

ESA mandatory reconsiderations and appeals

Contrary to what you were told, I understand that all assessor's reports are sent to DWP. What other basis would the Decision Maker have for his/her decision?

You can submit a Subject Access Request for all data held in relation to previous ESA claims, or just for the last assessor's ESA85 if you prefer. DWP do destroy paperwork after varying amounts of time, but they must comply if they have the forms.

Requesting a Subject Access Request (SAR) :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your PIP.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in the same topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160230 by Alan C
Replied by Alan C on topic ESA 85 from first assessment?
Thank you for your advice Mrs H.

I will certainly be studying those guides over the weekend!
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago #162028 by Alan C
Update: 29th June 2016

Well since my last post I have successfully signed on to JSA to keep an income stream.

My doctor has issued me with a fit note (strange term!) to refrain from work due to my condition and has said she will continue to do so until the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) decision.

I called this morning to request a MR and was told that I should put the request in writing.

I was not aware that it couldn't be requested over the phone.

So, I shall do as requested, making sure that the letter is sent by recorded delivery.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162048 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 85 from first assessment?
Alan

There's no reason why the request should not be accepted over the phone but we do recommend making it in writing that way there is a paper trail should the request be lost.

Have a look at the ESA Appeal guide for information about the process and the ESA section has template letter that you can use to make the request.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162160 by Alan C
Thanks for the pointers Gordon. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.