× Members

Work focus interview

More
7 years 11 months ago #160298 by Skybo
Work focus interview was created by Skybo
Hi can anyone advise me I have an appointment for a work focus interview my husband is my carer . and is claiming income support .I have cervical spondalosis and also arthritis in my knees . I struggle with the pain all the while . DWP asked me to complete a form for ESA in Feb this year which I did but they sent a letter back stating that the income support allowance would not change . hope some one can advise me .thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160355 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work focus interview

Carol wrote: Hi can anyone advise me I have an appointment for a work focus interview my husband is my carer . and is claiming income support .I have cervical spondalosis and also arthritis in my knees . I struggle with the pain all the while . DWP asked me to complete a form for ESA in Feb this year which I did but they sent a letter back stating that the income support allowance would not change . hope some one can advise me .thank you.

The partners of claimants receiving Income Support can be asked to attend a Work Focussed Interview, you must attend or you risk your husband's IS being sanctioned.

The WFI is just to see if they can help you into work, they can't make you work, they can't even ask you to seek work or do anything else.

As to the ESA, it sounds like you were only eligible for Income Related ESA, only one person in a couple can claim an Income Related benefit and your husband is already claiming IS, he would have to close his claim before you could make one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.