× Members

ESA not being paid reliably.

• rayisfun@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #160329 by rayisfun@hotmail.com
ESA not being paid reliably. was created by rayisfun@hotmail.com
I applied for ESA last November. I'm still waiting for an ES50 form and an assessment. I've been sending in fit notes from my GP regularly. About a month ago I noticed that I had not received benefit into my account. I waited another 2 weeks thinking it was a hiccup but no benefit arrived then either. I contacted the DWP and was told that it was a problem due to the new tax year. The adviser told me I would receive the full amount of benefit owed the following week. I did receive this benefit for the full amount owed to me but the payment code on my account statement said JSA instead of ESA.

Last week I was due to receive benefit but it wasn't paid in. I have sent in all my fit notes and have confirmation of delivery. I haven't received an ES50 or an assessment letter yet. Is this just a hiccup or does the DWP often mess claimants around like this? Would the DWP close my claim without assessing or informing me first? I was transferred from DLA to PIP a few months ago and awarded PIP daily living, standard rate if this is relevant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160381 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA not being paid reliably.

Spectralis wrote: I applied for ESA last November. I'm still waiting for an ES50 form and an assessment. I've been sending in fit notes from my GP regularly. About a month ago I noticed that I had not received benefit into my account. I waited another 2 weeks thinking it was a hiccup but no benefit arrived then either. I contacted the DWP and was told that it was a problem due to the new tax year. The adviser told me I would receive the full amount of benefit owed the following week. I did receive this benefit for the full amount owed to me but the payment code on my account statement said JSA instead of ESA.

Last week I was due to receive benefit but it wasn't paid in. I have sent in all my fit notes and have confirmation of delivery. I haven't received an ES50 or an assessment letter yet. Is this just a hiccup or does the DWP often mess claimants around like this? Would the DWP close my claim without assessing or informing me first? I was transferred from DLA to PIP a few months ago and awarded PIP daily living, standard rate if this is relevant.

I can't see why the start of the Tax Year is relevant as the DWP don't process tax on any benefits.

The JSA reference means that it was a manual transfer, the ESA payment system is piggy backed on the JSA one.

You cannot be found Fit for Work without having attended an assessment.

It's possible that the PIP award would allow payment of an ESA Premium but I would have expected them to contact you about this first.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.