× Members

assessor humiliated my daughter

More
7 years 11 months ago #160333 by Indigo
assessor humiliated my daughter was created by Indigo
Absolutely fuming. My 21 year daughter had her PIP home assessment yesterday, On opening the assessment the woman assessor said so you have MS (she has ME) fibromyalgia and you sometimes wet yourself. looked at my daughter with a hard stare, my daughter was stunned into silence.

My daughter can sleep for 48 hours and occasionally has an accident due to this but it was deep in the text of the application and not a bloody condition! the assessor literally just read out the questions and wanted either a yes or no answer or a simple sentence, she did not want to hear anything else, she asked what colour the bath rails were! my daughter didnt understand what she meant and the woman got really abrupt and mean and shouted listen to the question. she asked how many minutes can you walk for! my daughter didnt have a clue and said i dont know. she asked who is the queen....She fiddled around in her bag and without warning suddenly handed my daughter a brown envelope, my daughter was too tired to reach out for it and take it, turns out it was a test!!!

I had to control myself until the end when she shut the laptop and said thats it its over, without even asking about any information about my daughters illnesses! i asked her if he had read all the info we sent and she refused to answer me. I said so how are you going to fill in the mobility part of the form when you actually have not seen my daughter walk or asked how far she can walk. I told her less than 20 metres but she didnt write it down! then she walked out slamming the front door. my daughter is devastated, the whole assessment had an undertone of intimidation and bullying, in our own home! I cant wait to see how she can fill in the assessment form because she really did not find out anything about my daughters illness and my daughter was not able to do any of the physical tests including a peak flow as she was so ill.

My daughter has a motability car and uses it to go to work. she loses car or even blue badge, she loses her job. fuming.
There was no overview or summarising of the interview, she did not want to look at the meds on the table or at any of the additional medical letters, Please advise EVERYONE to record these assessments as its the only way to get rid of these disgusting people.

Do i complain now and risk my daughters application or do I wait and see what report says?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160384 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic assessor humiliated my daughter
Indigo

Sorry to hear the assessment was so bad.

I would certainly wait until you have read the report before making a complaint, it's our experience from the forum, that a good or bad assessment is not always representative of the subsequent Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.