× Members

ESA Medical Questionnaire help

More
7 years 11 months ago #160360 by Daz
ESA Medical Questionnaire help was created by Daz
I previously applied for ESA and was sent a medical questionnaire. However, before this form was due to be returned I phoned up to stop my claim as I was given an opportunity to try and work from home. However, after two weeks, I was too much for my condition so I reapplied for the ESA at the start of May. I was told I would need to complete the medical form despite it being a new claim, and four weeks have passed with no money from them whatsoever. They are basically saying because I didn't return the last form, I might not get anything now.

Of course, if I have not stopped the claim, or stopped the claim after the date the form should have been returned I can fully understand this decision but, all because I was doing the right thing in my opinion - stopping ESA, telling the tax etc....

What can I do. No money whatsoever!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160399 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Medical Questionnaire help

Daz wrote: I previously applied for ESA and was sent a medical questionnaire. However, before this form was due to be returned I phoned up to stop my claim as I was given an opportunity to try and work from home. However, after two weeks, I was too much for my condition so I reapplied for the ESA at the start of May. I was told I would need to complete the medical form despite it being a new claim, and four weeks have passed with no money from them whatsoever. They are basically saying because I didn't return the last form, I might not get anything now.

Of course, if I have not stopped the claim, or stopped the claim after the date the form should have been returned I can fully understand this decision but, all because I was doing the right thing in my opinion - stopping ESA, telling the tax etc....

What can I do. No money whatsoever!!

Ask for a call back from a manager, based on what you have posted I can see no reason why your current ESA claim is not being paid!

Ask for the regulations that they are using to prevent payment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daz

More
7 years 11 months ago #160420 by Daz
Replied by Daz on topic ESA Medical Questionnaire help
I will give them a call tomorrow morning, I am also going to the Citizens Advice too. Thanks for all your help; I've been so worried.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.