× Members

PIP results not as expected

More
7 years 11 months ago #160427 by joan
PIP results not as expected was created by joan
Hi, I recently went for a PIP assessment after being in receipt of dla (middle care, high mobility). I just got my results a few weeks ago and have been give daily living component at standard rate (score of 8 pts) and mobility at standard rate of 10 pts. I am really disappointed considering both my mental health and mobility have greatly got worse. On the day of my medical assessment I had to order a taxi and make my way there myself as the person taking me took ill (after a fall) that morning and couldn't take me. I panicked knowing I had to be there and was soo stressed. I explained this at the assessment as I always have someone with me when I got out as I get anxious, stressed and take panic attacks when I have ever tried to do this alone so this was a one off going there myself. I got a friend to collect me afterwards (thank goodness0 to take me home but I am being punished and have lost the 2 pts because of this. Is this fair and how do I explain for a reassessment? Also I said I needed help to shower, put on clothes etc because of my mobility and my depression, panic and anxiety. I only received 2 pts for this which again is wrong. I said I was forgetful with medication and use a dosette box which is filled for me by a family friend and I still forget at times to take it as my recent blood test to check thyroid activity proved, again not taken into consideration and awarded 0! I have meals cooked for me as I explained to them because of my illness I am unable to do so and they awarded me 0! I find it hard to engage with others because of abuse in my childhood and panic when in the presence off men and again score was 0! Should I outline all these items and give reasons why. This has stressed me and upset me greatly and has added more anxiety for me. What do I do about this? Your help would be greatly appreciated. One other thing, should I post this into them or phone? I only have tomorrow to get this sent off. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #160431 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP results not as expected
Hi Joan and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry that you did not get the PIP award that you believe you should :(

Your first step now is a mandatory reconsideration. You do not need to write about every word of the report with which you do not disagree. You will only be awarded PIP if you show how and why you meet the specific descriptors. These are very different from those for DLA, which many claimants have found difficult.

If you do not have a copy of the actual assessor's report, it would be helpful to get one. All you have to do is contact DWP and ask for a copy to be sent to you. You should not delay the MR request, even if the report has not arrived in time.

Our PIP guide explains the Mandatory Reconsideration process - and appeal, if it gets that far. The ESA MR resources are also helpful.

PIP help for claimants

ESA mandatory reconsiderations and appeals

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris