× Members

Good cause

More
7 years 11 months ago #160480 by marnie
Good cause was created by marnie
I have had help with this email.
I know I have posted before regarding this but this is a bit different. I am in the support group of ESA without a medical due to strong supporting medical evidence.
I will soon be subjected to PIP. My CPN and psychiatrist have written a report relating to the descriptors and have emphatically said I would suffer extreme distress and worsening of my mental problems if I do not have a paper assessment.
I have read in the PIPassessors handbook that if a claimant has limited insight into their illness or it would cause psychological distress then a paper assessment is more suitable.
I cannot face a medical. Already I am self harming more and have suicidal ideas and the process hasn't started yet. It doesn't matter who is with me I cannot cope.
I won't attend if they do try to drag me in but I want to see if I could prove good cause based on the above.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #160495 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Good cause
Hi Marnie,

I'm sorry that this is all so upsetting for you :(

I'm afraid I cannot give you a 'hard and fast' answer as what constitutes 'good cause' is not laid down in law. This means that each Decision Maker can take their own view on this. The Handbook is guidance but it is not legislation.

A further problem is that, in your scenario, you would only be trying to show 'Good Cause' after your claim had been refused. It will be far better to complete the PIP form in detail and send in as much supporting evidence as you have (including your consultant's letter). This will give you the best chance of a decision being made without a face2face assessment.

I hope you are getting good support from your CPN as this is clearly very worrying for you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marnie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.