× Members

Health Advisory Assessment

More
7 years 10 months ago #160627 by Boopee24
Health Advisory Assessment was created by Boopee24
:unsure: Hello, I'm a carer for my brother, we've have received a Health Advisory assessment letter, he suffers with learning difficulties that happened at birth and is unable to cope with employment. He doesn't take medication or see's any healthcare professional as his condition doesn't change and is permanent. In 2012 he was placed in the WRAG group. For the assessment, we will be taking a letter from his Doctors outlining his condition, a copy of the ESA50 form, and ringing them to arrange the assessment be recorded. Just wondered if you had any further advice or is what we've mention above enough. Many Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #160638 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Health Advisory Assessment
Hi Boopee andWelcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

What you have to take with you sounds helpful. If you have anything that actually links his difficulties to the ESA descriptors, that would be great (even if it has been written by a member of the family, friend or support worker). If you don't have anything like this then don't worry.

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

There is a section in our ESA guide that explains what to expect at the assessment. Claimants are often surprised that the questions don't seem to relate to the ESA50 form!

ESA claims and appeals

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160674 by Boopee24
Replied by Boopee24 on topic Health Advisory Assessment
Hi again, can you tell me how I should word this letter or any layout examples and how to put it together regarding how my brother meets the Esa descriptors for Wrag as he is in this group already. A bit of a long short but just thought I'd ask. Many thanks.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160676 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Advisory Assessment

Boopee24 wrote: Hi again, can you tell me how I should word this letter or any layout examples and how to put it together regarding how my brother meets the Esa descriptors for Wrag as he is in this group already. A bit of a long short but just thought I'd ask. Many thanks.

Are you talking about the doctors letter or one from yourselves?

If the former, then I would prepare a document for the GP with the Descriptors for each activity, without the points and ask then to indicate which they thinks is most appropriate and to give a short comment as to why they believe this.

If from you then I would have a look at the ESA Claim guides for the Descriptors you would hope to score points for, there are examples of responses and a general "formula" for showing that he meets the criteria, you should be able re-work these into a letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #160767 by Boopee24
Replied by Boopee24 on topic Health Advisory Assessment
Sorry I'm abit confused, can you give me a link to ESA Claim guides for the Descriptors. I suffer from depression/anxiety myself and this is a very stressful situation for me as well as coping with the stress and anxiety it's causing my brother to go through as well. :(

More
7 years 10 months ago #160815 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Health Advisory Assessment

Boopee24 wrote: Sorry I'm abit confused, can you give me a link to ESA Claim guides for the Descriptors. I suffer from depression/anxiety myself and this is a very stressful situation for me as well as coping with the stress and anxiety it's causing my brother to go through as well. :(

Mrs H posted links to this in her post above.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.