× Members

PIP Appeals refused please help

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #160689 by Marie
PIP Appeals refused please help was created by Marie
Hello Everyone,

I'm writing on behalf of a friend she applied for PIP and was refused Mobility and middle rate Care, she asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration to appeal for PIP, she got her reconsideration letter from the DWP to appeal for her PIP and filled in an SSCS1A form.

Today she got in touch with me to seek help and said that the appeal people has gone with DWP's decision which I'm confused with because she has not even attended the appeal as yet.

Can someone please tell me if the Appeal people can go with the DWP's decision without a claimant attended the actual appeal.

Thanks in advance

Marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #160698 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Appeals refused please help

Marie wrote: Hello Everyone,

I'm writing on behalf of a friend she applied for PIP and was refused Mobility and middle rate Care, she asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration to appeal for PIP, she got her reconsideration letter from the DWP to appeal for her PIP and filled in an SSCS1A form.

Today she got in touch with me to seek help and said that the appeal people has gone with DWP's decision which I'm confused with because she has not even attended the appeal as yet.

Can someone please tell me if the Appeal people can go with the DWP's decision without a claimant attended the actual appeal.

Thanks in advance

Marie

Did they opt for a Paper hearing where they did not need to attend?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #160699 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic PIP Appeals refused please help
Could it be she asked for a paper appeal so not attending?

More
8 years 1 week ago #161023 by Marie
Replied by Marie on topic PIP Appeals refused please help

Gordon wrote:

Marie wrote: Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance

Marie

Did they opt for a Paper hearing where they did not need to attend?

Gordon

Thank you Gordon no my friend will appeal and is not waiting for an appeal date. She got different letters from the DWP and was confused.

Marie :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.