× Members

ESA f2f without form

More
7 years 11 months ago #160765 by Jeanette
ESA f2f without form was created by Jeanette
My cousin has multiple disabilities and has never been able to work. We had a form and assessment for ESA about 3 years ago and put in the support group. He's now got another face to face assessment letter but hasn't received any form to fill in first. Is that normal? He had a face to face with a form for DLA to pip in March and has had no response yet. Since receiving this appointment he's had four seizures because of the stress. I am concerned that he's had had the opportunity to submit any evidence or been able to arrange any support for the interview as he cannot read, write or really speak for himself

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #160790 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA f2f without form
Hi Jeanette,

I am so sorry that your brother is going through this :(

We saw this happening a lot a while ago, but it seems less common now. What we suggest is completing an ESA50 form and take it with you to the face2face assessment. If you have time, you can send a copy to Maximus ahead of time too (the assessor is supposed to read anything you take with you - but there is little you can do to insist on this if they are reluctant).

You can use a PDF copy of the form

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

and don't forget to make full use of the ESA guide

ESA claims and appeals

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. That will allow you to return with further questions comments without having to start anew topic each time - and we will be clear that it is your brother's claim we are discussing. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeanette

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris