× Members

Face to face assessment & to be seen by a physio

• Michelle Beaumont
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #160791 by Michelle Beaumont
Face to face assessment & to be seen by a physio was created by Michelle Beaumont
Has anyone else had to have 2 appointments - One Face to Face assessment and one to see a private Physiotherapist?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160795 by slugsta
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I have not heard of anyone being asked to attend an appointment with a physio as well as a face2face assessment in relation to a DWP claim. This usually happens when claiming compensation following an accident or ill-health retirement. Are you sure the physio appointment is related to your claim (sorry, I don't mean to suggest that you don't know what you are talking about!)?

You don't say whether you are claiming ESA or PIP. There is a section explaining what to expect at the face2face assessment in each guide

ESA claims and appeals

PIP help for claimants

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to one claim is kept in the same place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michelle Beaumont

• Michelle Beaumont
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #161630 by Michelle Beaumont
Replied by Michelle Beaumont on topic Face to face assessment & to be seen by a physio
Sorry for the confusion
the face to face was for ESA & the physio was for my claim for PIP Thanks so much for your help

More
7 years 10 months ago #161654 by slugsta
Ah, I see, thanks for the clarification :)

It is very common to need assessments for both benefits. The criteria for the two are very different and only overlap in a couple of places.

Both guides have a section that explains what to expect at a face2face appointment (I won't glorify them with the name 'medical!).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161658 by Tcake
Michelle Beaumont, I had my pip medical today by a physio nurse and she was really nice and the experience was so much easier and less stressful than I thought it would be. Good luck :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.