× Members

ESA support group contribution based

More
8 years 1 week ago #160970 by marina1
ESA support group contribution based was created by marina1
Hello,
I wonder if anyone can give me advice. I receive ESA support group contribution based. I may be offered the possibility of casihing a lump sum from a pension, not a great amount, but it will help me to adapt my bathroom into more of a wet room which will benefit me greatly.
My question is will this have any effect on my ESA payment, as I am only 52, retirement age isn't until 67, so ages until I receive my old age pension. The total pot is £24k, but I hopefully will only cash around £4.5k as over this would have tax effects too.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #160981 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group contribution based

emmpea wrote: Hello,
I wonder if anyone can give me advice. I receive ESA support group contribution based. I may be offered the possibility of casihing a lump sum from a pension, not a great amount, but it will help me to adapt my bathroom into more of a wet room which will benefit me greatly.
My question is will this have any effect on my ESA payment, as I am only 52, retirement age isn't until 67, so ages until I receive my old age pension. The total pot is £24k, but I hopefully will only cash around £4.5k as over this would have tax effects too.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

If you are only receiving Contribution Based ESA then no account of your savings and assets is made so there should be no problem, however, if you opt to take a regular income from the pension then this can affect your ESA(CB).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.