× Members

PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken

More
7 years 10 months ago #161627 by KayMarie94
Replied by KayMarie94 on topic PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken
It is of little surprise to me that I was scored 0 on every single thing. Assessors comment in interview was basically reiterated in decision letter and have taken it upon themselves (or assessor did not bother to type up any detail that was said) to say that everything that myself and my boyfriend who accompanied me said I needed aid with, isn't true, and they find me capable to do everything unaided. Devastated again. X

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161653 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken
I am so sorry that you are going through this KayMarie :(

You have a few options at this stage -

You can decide that, for the sake of your own health, you are going to let this go.

You can ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) of this decision (with a view to going on to appeal if necc, or not, you are not committed at this stage)

You can try to put this behind you and make a new claim.

You can ask for MR and make a new claim. However, if you do this the tribunal decision will only run until a decision is made on the new claim.

You have a month in which to submit a MR request, so you can take a few days to make a decision.

If you want to ask for an MR, or make a new claim, your starting place - as always - is our PIP guide.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KayMarie94

More
7 years 10 months ago #161660 by KayMarie94
A couple of points I am a little peeved with and make me believe no detail that my boyfriend and I said was typed up are: I have a bank account. *I explained that yes, I have a bank account, I have direct debits, but I do not keep hold of my bank card. My ADHD makes me horrendously impulsive. Before I had to stop work my £700 wages every 4 weekly would be gone within a week and now, when I do on the odd occasion have my card, I always end up overdrawn, I also explained that as well as hardly ever having my card (mum keeps hold of it), she takes money out for me as and when I need it and she deems what is a necessity and what is an impulse*, they however have decided I can make complex budgeting decisions unaided. I told the assessor I do not cook, not because I am lazy but A) 3 different strong medications make me clumsy, B) I struggle to see where there is danger which was stated in medical reports and C) ADHD obviously comes with its concentration difficulties. I showed the assessor cuts, scars and even recent burns from where I have attempted to help mum but have been told to leave her to it after hurting myself.. They however decided I was capable of cooking completely unaided and said that there was absolutely no evidence that I have lack of concentration? I also explained that, if I can't have help cooking or can't be cooked for, I won't eat.. (Not because I'm lazy.) And in my report it says "No sign of anorexia". I didn't say that? Haha I explained that my boyfriend drove me to the assessment because the furthest I drive is into my town centre which is literally a 2 minute straight drive, A) Because of concentration. B) because of medication which I have no choice but too take and will be on for the rest of my life, c) because I tend to not see danger and D) because of anxiety (which I also explained leads me to have no social life.) They however decided I can organise, plan and go on a journey, even an unfamiliar one (which is so far from the truth) completely unaided? I'm just not sure that she wrote down anything I said at all.. :( Gosh, I'm puzzled!

KayMarie

More
7 years 10 months ago #161664 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assessment - Left disheartened and broken
Just a small point -

The assessor does not write down what the claimant says, they write down their own opinion based on what you say and they observe!

If you do go to MR, don't waste time pulling apart every word you don't agree with. Concentrate on showing how and why you meet the relevant descriptors as this is the only way you will be awarded PIP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KayMarie94

More
7 years 10 months ago #161666 by KayMarie94
Yeah I understand that. My mind likes to pull apart every single little point, but I get that theres no point wasting time rabbiting on about every little thing in writing! Thanks for your help! Now to work out what to do. :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 10 months ago #161849 by KayMarie94
If I do choose to go for a MR - how do I go about this? Do I have to phone them and ask or can I just go ahead and start writing a letter? (Sorry if this has already been asked, I'm in a massive flap and mad rush this morning) :blink:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.