× Members

Performance Measurement Visit

More
8 years 1 week ago #160999 by student2007
Performance Measurement Visit was created by student2007
Hello,

My mum received a letter today from the DWP stating they will be visiting next week. The purpose of the visit is to review her claim and to make sure she is being paid the current amount of ESA.

At the visit they would like to see all paperwork to show all income she has. Nothing out of the ordinary is being requested on that front, because it's the type of documents you'd send to the council for them to calculate council tax.

My mum, like many had to through MR and tribunal to get the initial decision overturned and was placed into the support group. Should we be concerned by this visit? Obviously every time a brown envelope comes through the door, it causes anxiety. They have supplied a leaflet stating what the visit will entail. But I don't trust that they will have my mum's best interests at heart and I don't trust their motives full stop.

Has anyone else experienced one of these visits? Any info you have would be great please.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #161009 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Performance Measurement Visit
These visits seem quite common at the moment - it appears to be the only way they can 'rattle the cage' of claimants, especially those in the ESA Support Group!

Most reports we have had say that the person who visited was polite and the visit did not last long. I'm sure other members will tell you about their experiences -

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 1 week ago #161069 by student2007
Replied by student2007 on topic Performance Measurement Visit
Thank you for your reply.

Is the meeting purely financial or will they want details on her health to?

More
8 years 1 week ago #161096 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Performance Measurement Visit

student2007 wrote: Thank you for your reply.

Is the meeting purely financial or will they want details on her health to?

They may ask general questions about your health but they will not be reviewing your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.