× Members

Looking like my PIP2 form has been LOST!!!

More
7 years 7 months ago #168193 by dove123
Replied by dove123 on topic Looking like my PIP2 form has been LOST!!!
UPDATE OF MY JOURNEY!!!

Well the dreaded letter arrived this mornng.

PiP awarded for 4 year (i think) says until October 2020 however also says that we will look at it again no earlier than July 2019 so i reaslly do not know how long the award is for 3yr or 4yr.
Standard Daily Living
Standard Mobility

I am happy to have the award as many are receiving nothing at all however i now have a copy of the assessors report and i can not believe the amount of rubbish it contains, sorry but this is the only way i can describe it.

There are 3 major areas that i do believe and also my GP believes are incorrect.

I also believe that as my form was lost at the beginning that they do not have all of the extra information that was sent to them reports etc.

I am now wondering is it worth requesting Mandatory Reconsideration, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168214 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Looking like my PIP2 form has been LOST!!!
Hi Dove,

If you suspect that your additional information was lost, along with the original form, then it is possible that having these might change the DM's mind.

You have one month, from the date of the decision letter, in which to submit an MR request and you have the advantage of already being in possession of a copy of the assessor's report.

The MR process is explained in the PIP guide. Don't waste too much time trying to dispute every word of the report that is wrong. You should concentrate your efforts on showing how and why you score points against the specific descriptors.

As to the length of you new award - DWP are currently starting the reassessment process a full year before the claim is due to end!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dove123

More
7 years 7 months ago #168567 by dove123
Thank you for your reply Mrs Hurtyback

When a person submits a Mandatory Reconsideration letter to PIP can the ORIGINAL decision be made LESS than what it was ie: Standard Daily Living and Standard Mobility? At this stage can the person reconsidering the original award can the make it LESS? This is a concern i have.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168617 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Looking like my PIP2 form has been LOST!!!

dove123 wrote: Thank you for your reply Mrs Hurtyback

When a person submits a Mandatory Reconsideration letter to PIP can the ORIGINAL decision be made LESS than what it was ie: Standard Daily Living and Standard Mobility? At this stage can the person reconsidering the original award can the make it LESS? This is a concern i have.

The award can be reduced or even removed by the DWP at MR or by the panel at a Tribunal, it doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168626 by dove123
Thank you very much for that information Gordon ~ don't know what i would do without you people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.