× Members

ESA support group stopped

More
7 years 10 months ago #161293 by Buster1395
ESA support group stopped was created by Buster1395
Hi,

New member here.

ESA has been stopped due to capital/overpayment issues, only getting dla

Been through MR refused first time, more evidence supplied then more favourable decision awarded on 17th May only to be overturned a week later so it would appear

CT & HB stopped reinstated then stopped again, could end up been homeless although I'm classed as being vulnerable.

How long does it take for ESA to be reinstated from a more favourable decision if that decision still stands and would It get a back dated as I've not had anything from them since Feb apart from dla.

Dr is aware of my mental and depressive state and suicidal intentions, does the dwp care about the feelings of such individuals.

Advisor dealing with it is at a loss as to whats going off I'm on strong meds various and it's turning me into a broken person, whereas I just don't no which way to turn for the best.

Any help guidance or support that can be given would be most welcome.

Thanks

Buster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161331 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group stopped
L

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You need to check with the DWP as to whether the original MR stands or whether the revised one (no award) is in effect.

As the ESA appears to have been stopped due to excessive capital then even if the positive Decision is accepted, then your ESA going back into payment will depend on what that Decision actually was, it is possible even with a positive Decision that no payments are due.

I would expect payments to be reinstated, if possible, with a couple of weeks.

If the Decision to deny payment is maintained, then you can go onto appeal, but you will not receive payment during this time, It will be an Administrative appeal which tend to be heard quicker.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buster1395

More
7 years 10 months ago #161369 by Buster1395
Replied by Buster1395 on topic ESA support group stopped
Thanks for the response Gordon, the advisor dealing with it as wrote to them asking for clarity, there was 2 appeals one for the ESA and one for the overpayment etc, there's just the one that we're aware of but she's asking for a statement or something as to what is going on, she's sending another one just in case they've misplaced the other one.

To say it's messed up is an under statement as when advisor gets in touch dwp aren't aware of anything, they seem to think the appeal is still ongoing, when in fact according to advisor it is dwp themselves that has overturned the decision themselves, so by sounds of it it's a waiting game to see what there next move is.

Thanks again Gordon and I'm glad i was informed about this site.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.