× Members

PIP CLAIM

More
7 years 10 months ago #161308 by WmWallace
PIP CLAIM was created by WmWallace
Hi, my friend claimed PIP was refused, did not appeal, approx three months ago. He has now sent for new PIP claim form, it has arrived.

He has asked for help filling it in, the problem is we cannot determine what was on old form. I advised submitting a SAR, then we will get all docs relating to last claim. The documents he was sent with regards to the failed claim have all been lost, nature of his illnesses, so know way to tell why they failed him last time.

The problem is that he has until 7 July to return the present PIP for.

I would like some suggestions how to handle this, because my friend is unable to.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161351 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP CLAIM
[quote="WmWallace
" post=161308]Hi, my friend claimed PIP was refused, did not appeal, approx three months ago. He has now sent for new PIP claim form, it has arrived.

He has asked for help filling it in, the problem is we cannot determine what was on old form. I advised submitting a SAR, then we will get all docs relating to last claim. The documents he was sent with regards to the failed claim have all been lost, nature of his illnesses, so know way to tell why they failed him last time.

The problem is that he has until 7 July to return the present PIP for.

I would like some suggestions how to handle this, because my friend is unable to.

Thanks.[/quote]

If the previous PIP2 has been lost, then all they can do is start from scratch using the guides.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161368 by WmWallace
Replied by WmWallace on topic PIP CLAIM
Hi Gordon,

The previous PIP was refused. He has got new PIP claim form.. All documents relating to old PIP lost + reasons why refused. Need advice as to find out what the old decision reasons were for refusing claim. The current PIP form has to be in by 7 July. Advice what to do, until we receive SAR information. He may have grounds for submitting late Appeal, health reasons.

That's what I was asking

Wmwallace

More
7 years 10 months ago #161373 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP CLAIM

WmWallace wrote: Hi Gordon,

The previous PIP was refused. He has got new PIP claim form.. All documents relating to old PIP lost + reasons why refused. Need advice as to find out what the old decision reasons were for refusing claim. The current PIP form has to be in by 7 July. Advice what to do, until we receive SAR information. He may have grounds for submitting late Appeal, health reasons.

That's what I was asking

Wmwallace

There's no guarantee that the SAR will be serviced in time for them to use the information on this claim, so I'm afraid my advice stands, start filling in the form using the Claim guide, they can do it on paper and leave copying it in to the form until the last minute or prepare it as additional pages and attach it to the form.

If they don't then there is every chance that they will run out of time and have to start the process again from scratch.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: WmWallace

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.