× Members

PIP

More
7 years 10 months ago #161409 by madchoc
PIP was created by madchoc
My husband went to a tribunal to have his PIP reinstated to higher level of care from the standard level on 10/06/2016 he won his case but the works and pensions are appealing the judges findings can they do this. Joy Bullock Stoke on Trent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161421 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP

joyzee wrote: My husband went to a tribunal to have his PIP reinstated to higher level of care from the standard level on 10/06/2016 he won his case but the works and pensions are appealing the judges findings can they do this. Joy Bullock Stoke on Trent

Have the DWP actually said that they intend to challenge the Decision or that they can/might?

Like your husband, the DWP have a further right of appeal to the Upper Tier Tribunal, however. they cannot appeal just because they disagree with the Decision, they must show that there has been an Error of Law .

The DWP have one month from the Date of the Tribunal hearing to start the process, which is for them to request a Statement of Reasons, if they do this then you will be informed and will receive a copy of the SofR.

If they do go down this route then I'm afraid that the Tribunal result is not actionable until the matter is resolved, but even if they request a SofR it does not mean that they will find an Error.

Let us know what is happening and we will try to help you further.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.