× Members

Disability Benefits & State Pension

More
7 years 10 months ago #161437 by Sirian
Disability Benefits & State Pension was created by Sirian
Hello To Everyone

I’m 64 years old and live in Scotland. I am currently in receipt of DLA Mobility - High Rate and DLA Care - Middle Rate. I will be eligible for my state pension when I am 65 in the middle of March in 2017.

Can anyone give me any advice as to what happens if I reach state pension age and I still haven’t received an appointment to be re-assed from DLA to PIP. For example will my DLA continue past my pension age until I am re-assed for PIP or will my DLA be stopped on reaching my state pension age?

I’d be most grateful for any advice as to what happens in this particular situation – particularly from any members who have gone through this process. I’ve been searching online for any useful information but I am just getting more and more confused.

Kind Regards

Sirian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161444 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Disability Benefits & State Pension
Hi Sirian,

You will be 'invited' to apply for PIP at some stage, even if you have passed State Retirement Age by then. PIP, like DLA before it, will continue to be paid as long as you meet the medical criteria - even if you live to be 110!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161547 by Sirian
Replied by Sirian on topic Disability Benefits & State Pension
Hi Mrs Hurtyback

Thanks ever so much for the information - I was starting to get myself in a right twist about things particularly as I have a Motability vehicle which, frankly, would leave me housebound and unable to even get to a doctor appointment given that I can hardly walk, if I lost the vehicle. It's such a stressful time - first just awaiting for the DLA to PIP process to begin and then the Assessment and then awaiting an answer . . .

Your help is much appreciated - so Thank You Very Much for your Speedy Response

Kind Regards

Sirian

/?
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.