× Members

Is DLA/PIP Income/savings based?

More
7 years 10 months ago #161449 by Steve Blue
Is DLA/PIP Income/savings based? was created by Steve Blue
Dear Benefits and Work,

I think I've asked this question before, but my dad has fears so I'm going to double-check.

My dad is less than a month away from retirement, so his ESA will be coming to end shortly. But what about his DLA? Are you able to continue to claim this into retirement? (condition warranting of course).

Also, with regards to DLA / PIP... Does your pension / or do savings have any effect on this? I think I'd previously been told, no.

But again, just checking.

Many thanks,
BlueBear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161451 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Is DLA/PIP Income/savings based?
Hi Bluebear,

Neither PIP nor DLA are means-tested and will not be affected by any income or assets.

Everyone who is in receipt of DLA and was under 65 years of age in April 2013 will be 'invited' to claim PIP at some stage (DLA will be stopped if the claimant does not apply in the stipulated time). Even if, by that time, they are over 65 and also over State Pension Age.

PIP, like DLA before it, will continue to be paid for as long as the claimant satisfies the medical criteria - no matter how old they are.

I do hope this information will put your Father's mind at rest :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.