× Members

Recording a pip assessment

More
7 years 10 months ago #161478 by nigelt2009
Recording a pip assessment was created by nigelt2009
My wife is having a PIP assessment next week, can we request a recorder for the session for future reference

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161479 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Recording a pip assessment
Hello Morecambe Bay

Short answer, yes you can request that your wife's assessment can be taped; however there are not enough recording devices available (what a surprise) so you might be asked to provide your own.

If you are, you need to be able to make two simultaneous recordings - you can't use mobile phones etc for the recording, so you might have to access two recording devices which can be used together. Obviously this might not happen, but I'm mentioning it so you are aware of the possibility.

Good luck with the assessment. :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #161512 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Recording a pip assessment
I'm afraid I am going to disagree with my esteemed colleague :(

There is no provision for recording of the PIP assessment by ATOS/Capita. If the claimant wants the interview recorded, they must provide the equipment themselves and notify the assessment provider ahead of time (as not all assessors will agree to being recorded).

Members have reported successfully using 2 separate recording devices side by side.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.