× Members

pip medical assessment

More
7 years 10 months ago #161482 by josie delong
pip medical assessment was created by josie delong
Hi i had my pip medical assessment and the assessor told me i had not had a stroke but a tia because she had disgussed this on the phone with her daughter who was a stroke nurse , is she allowed to disgcuss cases with her daughter ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161495 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip medical assessment
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

As far as confidentiality is concerned, the nurse would have been within the rules as long as she did not reveal your name, address or any other identifying information.

However, whether it was ethical for her to discuss your case and give you a different diagnosis from the one your medics had given is another matter! My feeling is that she was totally outside her authority in doing this.

If you wish, you can complain to DWP, Maximus, Nurding and Midwifery Council and your MP (or any combination of these)! Or not, depending on how much energy you have to spare.

Contacting your MP

Complaining to the DWP

Contact Maximus Customer Relations

Contact Nursing and Midwifery Council

Now that you have had your face2face assessment, you should expect to wait around 8 weeks for a decision.

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments about your PIP without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.