× Members

pip reconsideration

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154877 by sarah
pip reconsideration was created by sarah
Hi everyone, I don't know if any ones can help me or not but I feel I need to let this out. I am currently on DLA and I'm just about to move over to PIP I have received the form today and I'm absolutely terrified. I suffer from panic and anxiety issues, I also suffer from vertigo and agoraphobia. My condition is not helped by the fact that I'm at present going through the peri menopause and for a number of years I've had constant stress in my personal life, the main ones being my son having an accident leaving him severely brain damaged and my two daughters coming and going in and out of my life and only one is now part of my life but even her situation is causing me problems as she works which I am very proud of her for but on the other hand she is living with someone who is claiming ESA, he has just been put in the support group because he claims he is depressed and agoraphobic when in fact he can easily get out and about and even takes on cash in hand work during the summer and now he is talking about trying to claim PIP and it makes me so angry as there is nothing actually wrong with him except his weed habit but I genuinely do suffer with these issues and I'm so scared that if I don't get PIP I'll lose my home and that the stress will make me even more ill. I'm not saying I can't get better but I need time and I'm so scared I won't get it
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #154887 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip reconsideration
Hi Sarah and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm sorry that this is adding to your stress. I do understand how much anxiety assessments can provoke, especially in people who already suffer in this way :(

The best advice I can give you is to take everything one step at a time, trying not to project the 'what if's', and make full use of our PIP guides. The qualifying criteria for PIP are very different from DLA, you should fill in the PIP forms as if DWP have no previous knowledge of you.

PIP help for claimants

If you then have any specific queries please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. The forum is not officially open again until Tuesday but I expect at least one of us will look in periodically over the bank holiday weekend.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah

More
7 years 11 months ago #158026 by sarah
Replied by sarah on topic pip reconsideration
I am in the process of moving from DLA to PIP and after reading other peoples experiences I am a little scared. I was awarded DLA 5 years ago due to anxiety issues and severe agoraphobia. I have just had my appointment through the post today for my medical and they have said that it will be a home visit which due to my agoraphobia I am obviously relived but I amalso a bit frightened because I have read that it is rare for atos to do home visits and I'm worried that it is a trick of some kind. Has any one else had a home visit and if so any insight to the process

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158046 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip reconsideration
Hi Sarah,

I have merged your query with your previous topic relating to your PIP claim. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope it will be useful for you too :)

No, this is not a 'trick'! ATOS have obviously accepted that you have significant problems, otherwise they would have sent you an appointment to attend an assessment centre.

The format of the assessment will be very similar to any other, it is explained in the PIP guide.

It is up to you to decide which room is used for the assessment, the assessor does not have the right to look around the rest of your home (and we have not heard of this being requested). You can also choose who you would like to be with you.

Just a word of warning - the assessor might arrive on time. On the other had, they could also turn up early, late - or not at all!!

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this now so that you can find it easily in future. Then you will be able to return with further questions/comments rather than having to start a new topic each time.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158465 by sarah
Replied by sarah on topic pip reconsideration
Hi everyone I just wanted to say that I've had my PIP medical assessment which was done at my home today, it has left me very frightened and feeling very panicy I found the HP very brutal to be honest. She kept on saying about getting a covering letter from my doctor about my condition which I will try and do, but my doctors surgery has a notice up saying that they do not do these and I'm very frightened that without it I won't be granted PIP. My other fear is, can the HP put their own opinion across to DWP.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158480 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip reconsideration

sarah wrote: Hi everyone I just wanted to say that I've had my PIP medical assessment which was done at my home today, it has left me very frightened and feeling very panicy I found the HP very brutal to be honest. She kept on saying about getting a covering letter from my doctor about my condition which I will try and do, but my doctors surgery has a notice up saying that they do not do these and I'm very frightened that without it I won't be granted PIP. My other fear is, can the HP put their own opinion across to DWP.

First of all well done for getting through it.

I would try and avoid second guessing what went on in the assessment and what did not, the assessor will express their opinions in the report but this could be to your advantage. It could be 8 weeks or more before you hear the result, so try and parcel up this mornings events and put them in a cupboard until you hear, easier said than done but you will do yourself no good by worrying about the result.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.