× Members

pip reconsideration

More
7 years 10 months ago #161484 by sarah
Replied by sarah on topic pip reconsideration
Today I received my decision from DWP about my claim from DLA to PIP and have received 0 points even though I have severe agoraphobia and a letter from my doctor stating this, is there any advice you can give about the reconsideration process as I would like as much info as possible before contacting them. I really feel that the ATOS medical was very unfair and she did not cover my agoraphobia in enough detail even though the assessment was done at my home because of it. I felt bullied and did not feel that my condition was taken seriously. Any help or advice would be very appreciated as I feel very lost and alone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161503 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip reconsideration
Hi Sarah,

I am sorry you are going through this :(

I have merged your query with the topic containing previous questions relating to your PIP claim. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place, so I ask that you to keep all further questions/comments to this topic. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

The MR process is explained in detail in our PIP guide

PIP help for claimants

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah

More
7 years 10 months ago #161534 by alison
Replied by alison on topic pip reconsideration
hi ,
hope you dont mind me replying but i too have agrophobia ,,anxiety depression and also oestio athritus, i also had a home assesment and like you didnt find the assesor nice at all, i was on my own whilst having it and was a blubbering wreck through it ,,but in my report was awarded 2 point for daily and 4 points for mobility,,, ive since sent in a MR letter 3 weeks ago now ,,i basicaly wrote that i didnt feel the points i recieved for certain activities correct and what i believe i should of been awardedgiving examples why,, , when you write the letter i was advised not to complain about the assesor but to just make your point valid in how you believe what you think you should of scored points on ,,try not to go on too much about it as have been told they might not even be botherd to read it all if its too long,, but there again they may ,i guess it depends on who the decision maker is ,,anyway try not to worry too much as easy as it it not too, get your letter sent off as you only get a month from date of letter ,,if you have any further evidence you think might help send that with it or inform them in letter that you will follow more documents off soon as you have them ,, :)
alison,
The following user(s) said Thank You: sarah

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.