× Members

PIP Assessment moved 5 times & stress!!!

More
7 years 10 months ago #161530 by steveinleo59
PIP Assessment moved 5 times & stress!!! was created by steveinleo59
My wife suffers from severe stress and anxiety disorder. She also has a bowel & bladder disorder that requires catheters to make them work, so she normally can't do anything before 11am

Capita have changed her appointment for a home visit 5 times now and to start with they rang us at 8am to book an appointment for 9am the next day. Obviously they don't read your further information of dates times unavailable pages of the PIP form.

Today when they hadn't turned up after 1 hour of waiting, I rang them and they had cancelled again!! Without ringing us today to say so.

To anyone with stress & anxiety disorder, this treatment is tantamount to torture.

They are fast enough in stopping benefits if you don't attend, so why shouldn't we claim £100 each time they :angry: fail to attend or mess us about!!!!

My wife was so ill yesterday we called 111 and they sent an ambulance crew round. I have a yellow A&E treatment form sighting DWP stress related emergency aid condition. Plus confirmation by her GP that she has anxiety & stress disorder.

How do we go about making an official complaint so that others don't suffer in this way?

Good job we didn't go to an assessment centre otherwise they would of needed assessing at A&E if I got my hands on them.

Capita are easily as bad as twatos ever was. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Feel a bit better now I've written here and got it off my mind.

My wife on the other hand is on the edge of a nervous breakdown over this.

Any advise on how to highlight this dreadfull treatment and may be try to get a change in the assessment process?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161545 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP Assessment moved 5 times & stress!!!
Hello Steve

I'll be honest, I had to read your post three times because I just couldn't believe that it was possible for this to have happened. You have every right to be very angry.

To contact Capita to complain, go to

www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

Make a list of all your cancelled appointments etc and it might be useful to tell them that you are sending the same list along to your MP to see what his/her reaction might be.

go to

Contacting your MP

You might also like(!!!) to contact the DWP and express your concern about recent events, expressly referring to your wife's illness and mentioning the A&E treatment form and DWP stress related condition.

go to

Complaining to the DWP

Hopefully one or all these approaches MIGHT draw some attention to the stress your poor wife is under. Good luck. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.