× Members

Esa assessment medical query

More
7 years 10 months ago #161691 by Hayley
Esa assessment medical query was created by Hayley
Hi I'm new to this site but hope someone can help me I am currently in support group but have got to go for dreaded face to face assessment for esa , I have multiplesclerosis , wheelchair bound most of the time , no feeling from waist down terrible shakes & tremors in my arms but worst of all doubley incontinent at times , I've been waiting 4 months already to get this sorted & as you can imagine I am a nervous wreck ' can anyone share their experience of the assessment as I'm so worried, also cant see anything about incontinence on descriptors , does this be taken into consideration, Look forward to any replys , thanks Hayley x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161697 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Esa assessment medical query
Hello Hayley

Before I try to answer your question, do you know that your full name is showing? If you want to change this, please go to

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I'm sure there are lots of members who will be more than happy to share their experiences of assessment, both good and bad, but always bear in mind that we are all individuals and what applies to one person doesn't necessarily apply to another.

The question of incontinence - the descriptors are there; you need to download the guide - look for Members only Guides in the sidebar, click on it and then click on the Guide to claiming ESA; to download it. You'll find the descriptor relating to incontinence - it's the last physical descriptor, number 8. on page 18.

Have you tried phoning up about your assessment to check how much longer you're going to have to wait/ Might be worth trying, see if you can move them along a bit faster - it's awful sitting worrying and waiting.

Good luck with the assessment. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hayley

More
7 years 10 months ago #161701 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Esa assessment medical query
Hi Hayley,

I don't want to get your hopes up, but when you send off your ESA50 questionnaire you do not always get called up for a face-to-face assessment. Often they request information from your GP and sometimes a recommendation can be made to remain in the support group from the paperwork alone.

I hope this is the case with you but good luck, whatever happens.

Derek
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hayley

More
7 years 10 months ago #161774 by Hayley
Replied by Hayley on topic Esa assessment medical query
Thank you for your reply Derek I did send my forms in early March with lots or supporting evidence have chased them ever since finally said have to go for medical haven't had one before & heard so many horror stories hoped someone might give me idea what happens , I will just try & stop panicking, Hayley

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.