× Members

PIP assessment Tuesday

More
7 years 10 months ago #161746 by Aggie
PIP assessment Tuesday was created by Aggie
I am taking my daughter to Portsmouth on Tuesday for her assessment, any tips please, she has Fibromyalga and Rheumatism and is in a wheel chair can just walk a few steps with special crutches.

As expected she is in a terrible state and worried, she has higher rate mobility at the moment and is worried this will be taken away.

I would be grateful for all tips, she has had this 10 years and is gradually getting worse canot even stand up straight but is bowed right over where the muscles have constricted.

Thank for listening, Debann's Mum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161747 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP assessment Tuesday
Hi Aggie and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I am sorry that your daughter is so worried about this :(

I think the first thing to say is that, although we do hear horror stories about these assessments, the majority are carried out in a fair and professional manner. It's just that it is human nature to talk more about things that are wrong!

What to expect at the appointment is explained in our PIP guide, as are the criteria against which your daughter is being assessed.

PIP help for claimants

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments about your daughter's PIP claim without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161776 by nonsmoker2008
Replied by nonsmoker2008 on topic PIP assessment Tuesday
Good luck to you and your daughter on your application journey, Aggie, Although it is very involved the aforementioned PIP claim guide is extraordinarily helpful

Aggie wrote: ....... canot even stand up straight but is bowed right over where the muscles have constricted....

I would actually like some advice/clarity on this aspect too.

I cannot stand upright - or sit upright, for that matter - either. Am in a permanent flexed forward position, yet does it not say in the guidance somewhere that the person should be able to stand 'upright`? So if you cannot do upright, at all, then that should qualify in the moving around descriptor thingymibob?

More
7 years 10 months ago #161815 by Littlebipolar
Replied by Littlebipolar on topic PIP assessment Tuesday
How did your daughters assessment go ? I have mine fast approaching and I'm petrified :( I'm due to move a week after my assessment to a different town does anyone know if this will effect the decision? Or cause any problems ?

More
7 years 10 months ago #161823 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment Tuesday

Littlebipolar wrote: How did your daughters assessment go ? I have mine fast approaching and I'm petrified :( I'm due to move a week after my assessment to a different town does anyone know if this will effect the decision? Or cause any problems ?

There's no reason it will effect the Decision.

You do need to contact each department from which you receive benefits from, as they will not talk to each other, this should be done in writing, but I would confirm that they have received your change of address by giving them about two weeks after the letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161831 by Littlebipolar
Replied by Littlebipolar on topic PIP assessment Tuesday
Thank you for your reply Gordon can I ask can I inform all the relevant benefit agencies via telephone ?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.