× Members

Brexit - what does it mean for disability benefits

More
7 years 10 months ago #161778 by Curlygirl1961
Does anyone have any idea what leaving the EU means for the disabled?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161779 by shelam
Hello Curlygirl

I think it's a bit early yet to worry about any differences to disabled people; nothing has actually changed -there has been a decision to leave the EU at some time - but there is no time scale in place yet, and no reason to expect any sudden dramatic changes to benefits or anything else. More a matter of 'wait and see' and hope nothing nasty does happen in the future. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SusanH

More
7 years 10 months ago #161788 by Derek4
I don't mean to frighten anyone, but I have to remind you of the B&W news article below. :ohmy:

Could IDS return from the ministerial graveyard?

More
7 years 10 months ago #161799 by slugsta
Which is what I am particularly worried about!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161817 by Tcake
As benefits have been frozen for 4 years (I think) then all this talk about the price of food, petrol, etc etc is all going to rise as a result of BREXIT then the future certainly doesn't look very bright for those on benefits :(

More
7 years 10 months ago #161818 by shelam
Frightened me now!!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.