× Members

Text msg from DWP

More
7 years 10 months ago #161797 by Brawn
Text msg from DWP was created by Brawn
Well today I sort of got a result. I applied for PIP and had a f2f last month. I must admit I felt the lady who did it was very fair..or at least seemed to be. I had a text message today from DWP saying they have decided to award me PIP and a letter will be sent within two weeks to explain the details. As you can imagine curiosity is very much killing the cat coz I want to know what I've been awarded! Is it normal to get a text message?

I actually complained to assessor about the assessment centre. It is placed in the town with absolutely no onsite parking. There are a few on the street metered spaces but they are a fair walk for someone who cannot walk very far. My sister pointed out two windows which she said were to observe people arriving for assessment. Then you have to navigate either stairs or a long ramp to go down into the basement of the building. Originally when I arrived I was told I was upstairs but it turned out I was in one of the rooms with those windows. I told the assessor it is the most inaccessible building I'd seen for Disability assessments. She sort of nodded in agreement and said she'd heard loads of complaints and said put in a complaint. This building was definitely chosen to catch people out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161805 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Text msg from DWP
Well, I would say this is cause for cautious celebration!

It is not usual for DWP to send a text like this, but neither is it unheard of. I'm afraid you are going to have an anxious time waiting for the decision letter, but at least you know your claim has been accepted :)

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return and tell us what you award is, without having to start a new topic :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brawn

More
7 years 10 months ago #161847 by gmaxx1931
Replied by gmaxx1931 on topic Text msg from DWP
Hi LPB,

You can always call the PIP Helpline on 0345 850 3322 and if your decision has been made the adviser will be able to confirm what the outcome is -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brawn

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.