× Members

Need some help with Esa

More
7 years 10 months ago #161839 by destiny
Need some help with Esa was created by destiny
Hiya, Looking for a bit of advice, please bear with me, might be a little long winded.
I have been on incapacity/esa for approx 14 years .I should say i have severe depression, anxiety, insomnia, agoraphobia (i probably leave the house 4 times a year and thats to see my doctor). After my last medical (approx 3 years ago) they put me in wrag group when i should clearly have been in the support group. After i saw a copy of the report i was livid. My assessor had lied about so many of my answers even stating i went on my own when i went with my husband ! Grr anyhow we asked for MR and i got put in support group.

Over the last year my health has been in decline, i suffer from dizzyness, lack of balance, numerous falls, nausea and vomiting, numbness in hands and feet, confusion, saying the wrong words, Forgetting what im talking about mid sentence, this all came to a head a couple of weeks ago (the day before i got the dreaded form). I was going for a blood test at my doctors as part of the investigation into what is wrong with me. I was dripping with sweat, having trouble breathing, and walking, pulse 160 and blood pressure sky high. Needless to say the nurse took one look at me and said i had to go to hospital. They wanted to admit me but obviously due to my mental health problems that was not going to happen ! My iron level was dangerously low so over the last 2 weeks i have had to have iron infusions at hospital. And i have been referred to alot of different departments to investigate things further.

My question is, Do i mention all of the new health problems on the form ? It would drastically change my points as i have so many physical problems at the moment. I'm always totally honest on my form, but i am wondering if i should answer the questions as i would have before my health declined ? Would i be opening my self up for even more scrutiny if answer honestly about the physical questions ?

To be honest i am scared to death of doing the form this time, as my head is just one big jumble at the moment,not only with whatever this new health problem is causing the confusion, memory probs etc but obviously the stress has triggered my anxiety big time and im really afraid im going to make a huge mistake on the form.

Thankyou so much if you read this far ! Any advice would be gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161856 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Need some help with Esa
Destiny

It's really a question that you must answer for yourself. if you don't include the information on the form then they cannot consider these new problems.

One of the things that you should do is go through the ESA Claim guide for Physical problems to see how these problems match against the ESA activities, if you think that you would score points then you should consider completing question 1-11 on the form, if yo don't then there may be no value in your doing so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #161945 by destiny
Replied by destiny on topic Need some help with Esa
Hi Gordon, Thankyou for your reply.
The symptoms of all new problems means i am literally a danger to myself (multiple falls). Some days i cannot get my balance at all. I guess my question should be a little clearer.So here i go hopefully minus waffle this time hehehe.
As these are new conditions, as yet undiagnosed but i have clearly been receiving treatment, and currently undergoing many investigations. Am i supposed to fill it out as my health is today even though i don't have a diagnosis ? As in maybe in 6 months time they will know what it is and i could be treated and be fine again on the physical side of things at least ! LOL.
Many thanks :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #161961 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Need some help with Esa

destiny wrote: Hi Gordon, Thankyou for your reply.
The symptoms of all new problems means i am literally a danger to myself (multiple falls). Some days i cannot get my balance at all. I guess my question should be a little clearer.So here i go hopefully minus waffle this time hehehe.
As these are new conditions, as yet undiagnosed but i have clearly been receiving treatment, and currently undergoing many investigations. Am i supposed to fill it out as my health is today even though i don't have a diagnosis ? As in maybe in 6 months time they will know what it is and i could be treated and be fine again on the physical side of things at least ! LOL.
Many thanks :)

Providing your doctor considers your problems to be real (please don't take that the wrong way) then not having a diagnosis does not prevent you from including these issues as reasons for claiming ESA. Having a diagnosis will help, but it is the effects of you conditions that are being assessed not the conditions themselves.

Assessments consider your problems at a point in time, whilst they can look backwards, they should not look forwards, so any prospect of treatment is not something that should be considered. Of course, if your health does improve then you must inform the DWP and that may trigger a reassessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: destiny

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.