× Members

Supposed to have ESA assessment, just received let

More
7 years 10 months ago #161846 by KayMarie94
Hi guys!
So 2 years ago I was told by the job centre to start claiming ESA, I haven't had any assessments and at the beginning of this year was sent another form to fill out to see whether anything had changed. It hadn't so put the same answers that were in my initial form. A few months later I was sent a letter through telling me that I needed to attend a work capability assessment, I went, and my boyfriend and I waited for 40 minutes until the woman at the reception could see how fidgety and anxious I was getting and said that we could make a new appointment if I was finding it difficult to wait. The new appointment was for the 7th of July.
Today I received a letter saying "We have looked at your claim again following a recent change. Your employment and support allowance will be £125.05 a week". (which is what it was to begin with).
I am now completely confused? Am I still needing to go to the assessment or should I call up the enquiry line and ask?

Thanks, KayMarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161864 by Gordon
KayMarie

You will need to check with the DWP as to what is going on, but my suspicion is that this letter is the bi-annual entitlement letter for ESA and is not a Decision Letter in regard to your current reassessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.