× Members

claiming ESA again

More
7 years 9 months ago #161943 by davo
claiming ESA again was created by davo
Hi could you please tell me if i can claim ESA again ,had an appeal hearing on the 27/01/16 and was turned down ,have been on JSA from the 27/01/16 ,and have just been told by doctors that i have severe sleep apnoea ,this is a different illness to the one i had before ,(anxiety and depression ) i still suffer from the latter ,could you please advise me on what to do next thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #161960 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic claiming ESA again

davo wrote: Hi could you please tell me if i can claim ESA again ,had an appeal hearing on the 27/01/16 and was turned down ,have been on JSA from the 27/01/16 ,and have just been told by doctors that i have severe sleep apnoea ,this is a different illness to the one i had before ,(anxiety and depression ) i still suffer from the latter ,could you please advise me on what to do next thanks

Yes you can make a new claim on the basis of a new condition, but there is a risk that the DWP will not pay you until you have had an assessment, you must make it clear that you have a new condition and you may need to explain why this new condition would lead to an award.

Whilst you should definitely make a claim, I do have to warn you that Sleep Apnoea is not well regarded for ESA and you will need to prepare a detailed case as to why you should receive an award if you claim is accepted.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162019 by davo
Replied by davo on topic claiming ESA again
HI Gordon thanks for the reply ,could i ask if i came off JSA and made a claim for ESA and they didnt pay is there any help out there if you have no income ? thanks

More
7 years 9 months ago #162021 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic claiming ESA again

davo wrote: HI Gordon thanks for the reply ,could i ask if i came off JSA and made a claim for ESA and they didnt pay is there any help out there if you have no income ? thanks

You may be able to claim a Hardship Payment and another option would be a Benefit Advance, see

www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Hardsh...s-a-Hardship-Payment

and

www.gov.uk/short-term-benefit-advance

You may also be able make a claim for Housing Benefit based on nil income.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.