× Members

Length of claim

More
7 years 10 months ago #161948 by julie haselwood
Length of claim was created by julie haselwood
Hi

It says on the CAB site you can do a mandatory appeal on the timescale of your award have you or any of your readers any feedback on this.As a blind person I cannot understand why my award is only for 2years applying again after 1 year as my condition will never change .Any feedback would be welcome. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161969 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Length of claim

molly brown wrote: Hi

It says on the CAB site you can do a mandatory appeal on the timescale of your award have you or any of your readers any feedback on this.As a blind person I cannot understand why my award is only for 2years applying again after 1 year as my condition will never change .Any feedback would be welcome. Thanks

As the length of the award forms part of the PIP Decision it can be challenged, however, at the time of writing we are not aware of anybody on this forum or any of the other that we watch of anybody doing this, let alone being successful.

You would need to request a Mandatory Reconsideration explaining why a longer award is justified, although you mention your blindness are there other reasons why you would meet the criteria? If there are then you would also need to explain why a longer award was applicable to those conditions as well.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.