× Members

Pip decision

More
7 years 9 months ago #161965 by attiq
Pip decision was created by attiq
Hi everyone
Yesterday I received a text message from dwp that I am entitle to pip but they didn't tell any thing about the rate.u l am leaving for Treatment abroad on 6th July. Shall I call them and tell them if so can I have their contact no.
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #161968 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip decision
Hi attiq,

We have seen this happen a few times recently. I don't understand why DWP can't simply tell the claimant what the decision is, rather than leaving them hanging like this. However, the ways of the DWP are past finding out!

I guess your next course of action depends on for how long you will be away. If you will be gone for a while and don't want to run the risk of being late requesting a mandatory reconsideration you might want to phone DWP and ask them to tell you the decision. Mind you, if you are going to be out of the country for any length of time you should notify DWP anyway!

www.gov.uk/disability-benefits-helpline

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162003 by Tcake
Replied by Tcake on topic Pip decision
I think it is awful the the DWP send a text saying we have been awarded PIP but with no info about the amounts etc! I think it is like they want to torture one last time as we await their letter!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.