× Members

NI ESA WHAT TO DO NEXT?

More
7 years 10 months ago #161996 by debbie
NI ESA WHAT TO DO NEXT? was created by debbie
Hi
My husband was placed in ESA NI support group last September, I'm not sure what to do next with regards to renewing it? Do they recall him for. A new assessment or look at his medial history over the year? he hasn't worked the past year so will be qualify for NI ESA? Will they consider income support ESA?

Another area I am very unsure off is PIP, can my husband also claim for this as well? He has gotten worse over the course of the year and his condition is impacted his day to day life.

Any help would be fab
Debbie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162006 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic NI ESA WHAT TO DO NEXT?

debbie wrote: Hi
My husband was placed in ESA NI support group last September, I'm not sure what to do next with regards to renewing it? Do they recall him for. A new assessment or look at his medial history over the year? he hasn't worked the past year so will be qualify for NI ESA? Will they consider income support ESA?

Another area I am very unsure off is PIP, can my husband also claim for this as well? He has gotten worse over the course of the year and his condition is impacted his day to day life.

Any help would be fab
Debbie

ESA is an indefinite award with regular reassessment so the first thing that your husband should do is to contact the DWP to find out when they intend to reassess him, as he is in the SG it could be anywhere from one year to three years.

When he is reassessed he will receive a new ESA50 which he will need to complete, if successful then it will be considered as a continuation of his current claim and he will not have to qualify for Contribution Based ESA unless he at some point has to make a new claim for ESA.

If he has problems completing daily activities or his mobility then he can make a claim for PIP, have a look at our PIP Claim guide for details of the criteria he will have to meet for an award.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have further question then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.