× Members

excessive delay

More
7 years 9 months ago #162037 by paul webster
excessive delay was created by paul webster
My client won her PIP appeal case some time ago, now long outside the 28 day appeal window afforded to the DWP. The tribunal emailed the decision and reasoning to them the same day as the hearing (which they denied receiving but confirmed by the tribunal service as being sent).

So far, in spite of numerous phone calls the DWP has failed to act on the tribunal's decision putting forward all sorts of excuses, including the need for a paper hard copy from the tribunal service and latterly claiming they have a backlog with insufficient staff. My client has registered a complaint with them about the delay to no apparent effect.

I have never come across this apparently wanton disregard of a tribunal decision . What now is the next step- the ombudsman?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162061 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic excessive delay

paul webster wrote: My client won her PIP appeal case some time ago, now long outside the 28 day appeal window afforded to the DWP. The tribunal emailed the decision and reasoning to them the same day as the hearing (which they denied receiving but confirmed by the tribunal service as being sent).

So far, in spite of numerous phone calls the DWP has failed to act on the tribunal's decision putting forward all sorts of excuses, including the need for a paper hard copy from the tribunal service and latterly claiming they have a backlog with insufficient staff. My client has registered a complaint with them about the delay to no apparent effect.

I have never come across this apparently wanton disregard of a tribunal decision . What now is the next step- the ombudsman?

I would recommend that you client contact their MP first, the Ombudsman will have a defined process with associated timescales for actions to be taken which will likely take weeks if not months to complete.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.