× Members

Job Centre Work Program Company & Carers allowance

More
7 years 9 months ago #162063 by Elvis
I was signing on at the Job Centre but only obtaining NI credits.
The Job Centre placed me on a scheme run by a Work Program Company designed to find me employment & I attended several weekly appointments before my circumstances changed.
I then moved away from the area to become a carer for my partner & I am now receiving Carers Allowance.
I said at the last appointment with the Work Program Company that I was going to be a carer - as far as I am concerned its a job seven days a week with no holidays
However I keep getting phone calls & texts from the Work Program Company wanting to know who I am employed by or if I am self employed.
I am not sure if the problem is that as I am not employed & paid wage by a "real company" they can not claim their incentive/bonus/reward money ( or whatever its called ) for helping me find employment & keeping me in employment.

Are they required to accept that being a carer is a full time job ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162077 by Gordon
Elvis

I assume that you were on JSA although with no payments.

Have you closed the JSA claim, receiving Carers Allowance would not actually require this to be done?

I'm afraid we don't deal with JSA on the forum, but I would be surprised if your attendance on the Work Programme was required if you are not receiving payment.

Certainly if you close your JSA claim, then you are under no obligation to converse with your former Work Programme Provider, they are undoubtedly trying to claim there bonus.

As you are receiving CA, you may be eligible for Income Support, it's possible that the circumstances that prevented your receiving payment for your JSA claim would also apply, but it is worth checking.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162088 by Elvis
Thank you very much for your advice - I will check with the Job Centre tomorrow to make sure they closed my claim properly.

I was not receiving any benefits or payments apart from the NI contributions when I was placed on the Work Placement scheme.
It did therefore seem illogical to be put on the Work Placement scheme - I think the Work Placement company receives approx. £1000 for finding someone a job with a follow up payment of approx. £1000 if the person is still employed at a later date.

Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.