× Members

DLA upgrade??

More
7 years 9 months ago #162184 by Jenny
DLA upgrade?? was created by Jenny
Hi there, My husband has been on DLA lower care rate for years and we have decided to try for an upgrade as he has got worse over the years. We filled in the form in April 2016 and have received one letter at beginning of June to say they are looking into it. Does anyone have any idea how long roughly it takes for a decision to be made?? Thanks in advance......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162188 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA upgrade??

Jenny wrote: Hi there, My husband has been on DLA lower care rate for years and we have decided to try for an upgrade as he has got worse over the years. We filled in the form in April 2016 and have received one letter at beginning of June to say they are looking into it. Does anyone have any idea how long roughly it takes for a decision to be made?? Thanks in advance......

Was your husband over 65 on 8 April 2013 as I would expect him to have been invited to claim PIP rather than DLA?

If it is DLA, then I'm afraid I don't know how long it will take, it may depend on the availability of a Decision Maker who has DLA experience.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenny

More
7 years 9 months ago #162235 by Jenny
Replied by Jenny on topic DLA upgrade??
Thanks for that Gordon. My husband is coming up to 77 years of age, so probably waiting for someone with DLA experience as you see. Thanks for replying :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.