× Members

2 PIP appointment letters delivered late?

More
7 years 9 months ago #162186 by pg
On afternoon of 27th I received two PIP face to face appointment letters, both dated 23rd. One for tomorrow, 1 July at home and the other for 14 July at an assessment centre.

My husband phoned to check if I had to attend twice or could choose and was told the second appointment was already cancelled. He asked why and got no answer. I assume someone decided a home assessment was more appropriate. He has written to DWP to confirm what has happened as you advise.

Sadly, with just 2.5 working days notice he has been unable to get cover and although he can work from home and let the assessor in, provide Id etc. he will have to work in his home officeand take calls and cannot accompany me throughout.

I do not know whether it would be safer to postpone, or given the history of last minute cancellations to wait and see, whether he or I could ask about recording the session, purely because of these short notice problems with his attendance. If we did ask about recording, would that count as an effective cancellation, given the circumstances?

Any help gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162190 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 2 PIP appointment letters delivered late?
pgkay

You don't have to cancel until tomorrow. Would this be the first time you have cancelled? You can cancel once without fault but must attend the next appointment whenever and wherever it is arranged for, failing to do so can result in your PIP Claim being closed.

You can ask to record the assessment, doing so may result in the current appointment being cancelled without fault to you, the PIP Assessment Providers do not offer this service so you would have to provide suitable equipment to make the recording.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.