× Members

Mandatory reconsideration

More
7 years 9 months ago #162208 by Juefaz
Mandatory reconsideration was created by Juefaz
Hi there

I wondered if any one has any idea how long until you hear back from you mandatory reconsideration? I've been waiting just over seven weeks now and heard nothing, I know all these things take time but just wondered if I should get in touch with them or if this length of time is quite normal! Tia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162213 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Hi Juefaz,

There is no set time in which a MR must be completed. Usually they seem to be some in a few weeks, but they can take very much longer.

There is no harm in contacting DWP to ask what is happening, the people who answer the phones have no influence on the decision.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162220 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Mandatory reconsideration
I was told the current time is about 14 days and duly received my MR notice within this time.

I understand that they put the case on hold for a month if you tell them you intend to send more evidence but 7 weeks does sound excessive.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.